Many printing houses usually have long description of files for customers in this section, which is full of technical terms, requirements and specifications absolutely incomprehensible for customers. However, we do not think that our customer should know anything about raster rotation angle, nuances of PostScript generation and TotalInk limits for raster images.
We do not have any special requirements for layouts, files and source data for their creation. Our Department of pre-press preparation is ready to work with those materials which you have. We will do our best to prepare your materials for printing. It’s our job. However, if you follow our advice it will make the process of pre-press preparation and order execution much quicker and easier.
We accept the files with the following extensions cdr., eps., ai., pdf., made in the programs:
Corel Draw up to version 13. (Preferable)
Adobe Illustrator up to version CS2.
Publications Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel и Microsoft PowerPoint (version up to 2007) are accepted without any guarantee to keep view and parameters stated by a customer.
1. You should choose the correct colour model for the files meant for printing, it is CMYK, or Pantone Matching System.
2. All the fonts should be changed to curves.
3. The product format (business cards, labels, booklets, etc.) should be similar to the cut product format in scale 1:1.
4. If your layout is meant for printing with margins, including colour backgrounds, they should have margins (allowances) beyond the edge of the cut format 2 mm.
5. All the elements of the product (text and graphic blocks, design elements which are not meant to be cut) should not be closer than 3 mm to the cut-line.
6. All the lines should not be less than 0,25 pt.
7. If your layout contains some objects of the same type and of the same size (e.g. business cards, labels) place each object on the separate page.
Requirements to vector images.
Corel Draw: raster images should be in CMYK model with resolution not less than 300 dpi. All the fonts should be changed to curves. Products of the same type (business cards, labels, etc.) should be placed on separate pages of one file. Scale 1:1. Special effects (transparency, shadows, etc.) should be changed to raster objects. Effects (contour, blend, etc.) should be made Break (Ctrl + K).
Adobe Illustrator: files with extensions eps or ai. The layout of each product should be made in a separate file with the page parameters which correspond to the cut product format in scale 1:1. All colours of embeded raster images should be in CMYK model. Don’t use the following format of images, such as jpg, gif, bmp and other in your publications. Raster graphics should be saved inside the layout (Embeded Image). Special effects (transparency, shadows, etc.) should be changed to raster objects. All the texts should be changed to curves.
Requirements to raster images
Adobe Photoshop: files with extensions .tiff (without LZW compressions), CMYK with resolution not less than 300 dpi. Files should not contain cut marks and folding in images, use rulers for that. Files should not contain any layers, paths, channels, excluding clipping paths saved in a separate channel.
Requirements to Bitmap 600 - 1200 dpi.
Remember that files with extensions jpg, gif, bmp etc. are not layouts. If you have only such an image of your product, you should tell our manager about that. So you could get an advice on what you should do next.